MIT Medical’s Student Mental Health and Counseling Services is available for telehealth visits only. No walk-ins. Call 617-253-2916 for more information.
Please visit our COVID-19 resources page.
MIT Medical’s Student Mental Health and Counseling Services works with students to identify, understand, and solve problems, and to help transform that understanding into positive action.
We see nearly 21 percent of the student body each year, and about 29 percent of students in a given class by the time they graduate. We can provide:
- Evaluations and consultations
- Brief treatment (counseling/psychotherapy and medication)
- Referrals to non-MIT Medical clinicians
- Outreach, education, and prevention
- Urgent care
- Group counseling
- Advice when you are worried about a friend, colleague, or student
- Help for departments, labs, and centers that are dealing with traumatic events, sudden losses, or other troubling situations
- Psychology Training Programs