Effective Tuesday, March 17, MIT Medical's Student Mental Health and Counseling Services will be available for same-day telephonic visits only. No walk-ins.
Future telemedicine visits are planned.
MIT Medical’s Student Mental Health and Counseling Services works with students to identify, understand, and solve problems, and to help transform that understanding into positive action.
We see nearly 21 percent of the student body each year, and about 29 percent of students in a given class by the time they graduate. We can provide:
- Evaluations and consultations
- Brief treatment (counseling/psychotherapy and medication)
- Referrals to non-MIT Medical clinicians
- Urgent care
- Let's Chat: Informal, free, confidential consultations
- Group counseling
- Advice when you are worried about a friend, colleague, or student
- Help for departments, labs, and centers that are dealing with traumatic events, sudden losses, or other troubling situations