• 24 hour numbers
  • Urgent Care
    • 617-253-1311
  • Urgent Mental Health Concerns
    • 617-253-2916
  • Violence Prevention & Response
    • 617-253-2300
  • All contact numbers
  • Close
Alert icon



Healthcare in the US might seem very different—buying insurance, making appointments, choosing a primary care provider. Find answers to all your questions here.

Of Special Interest to Internationals

Choose a PCP

Use our website to choose a primary care provider or switch to a different one.

Name that specialty

In the United States, you’ll get your routine care from your primary care provider (PCP), but when you have a complicated medical problem or need to have special tests, your PCP may refer you to a specialty provider at MIT Medical or elsewhere.