Support for newcomers
- Help for couples and families adjusting to life in the United States.
- Information on local resources for parenting, career development, learning English, volunteer opportunities, or enjoying cultural events and activities.
- Support and referral services: Our members can answer your questions about life in Boston, from where to buy groceries, to finding meaningful and engaging activities. Our staff also provides personal and confidential support and assistance.
Social and professional networking opportunities
Through weekly meetings, interest groups, trips, and annual events, MIT Spouses & Partners Connect gives you opportunities to make new friends, build a social network, and practice speaking English in a low-pressure environment. If you’d like, you can organize activities according to your own interests and share your passions with other members. You can also volunteer to help the group in other ways.
Our Career Connect program provides training for MIT spouses and partners who are looking for work or professional development opportunities during their time at MIT.
How to get involved
Become a member of MIT Spouses & Partners Connect! Our activities are free or low cost, and you can bring your children to most of our meetings and events. You can:
- Visit us online. Check upcoming events on our calendar. Join our Facebook and LinkedIn groups
- Attend a Newcomers Office Hour. Meet the MIT Spouses & Partners Connect staff and ask questions. Hosted by Jennifer Recklet Tassi, the program manager, these weekly sessions will help you learn about MIT Spouses & Partners Connect, MIT, and the greater Boston community.
- Attend a Wednesday meeting. You’ll meet people who share your interests and concerns, and you can enjoy a different topic or activity each week. We provide free child optional care.
- Join an interest group. You’ll find a variety of interest groups organized by the members of MIT Spouses & Partners Connect. Contact the group leader to ask how you can join the next meeting.
- Become a volunteer. Volunteers make MIT Spouses & Partners Connect a very special organization. Our volunteers contribute in both big and small ways, from helping to clean up after a party to organizing an interest group or managing our website.