Student Mental Health and Counseling
To speak with a clinician about feelings of stress or anxiety, contact MIT Medical’s Student Mental Health and Counseling Services at 617-253-2916. The service provides evaluations and consultations, treatment, referrals, urgent care, counseling, and discussion groups.
Community Wellness at MIT Medical
Community Wellness can provide information and techniques to revitalize your mind and body, help you focus better, and reduce stress. We provide classes and workshops on many topics including:
- Mindfulness-based stress reduction: 8-week course
- Koru Mindfulness: 4-week course
- Health and Wellness Coaching: group classes and workshops
- Monthly drop-in meditation sessions
- Meditation retreats
- Other stress-management techniques
Koru Mindfulness is an evidence-based curriculum specifically designed for teaching mindfulness, meditation, and stress management to college students and other young adults. Koru Basic is an introduction to mindfulness and meditation taught as a weekly, four-week, 75-minute virtual class by a trained and certified Koru teacher.
Get support on the go:
- Call 617-253-CALM (2256) for a guided, three-minute relaxation recording.
- Choosing a mindfulness app