Community Wellness at MIT Medical works with the entire MIT community to provide the resources and programs that can help you make healthy choices.
Our offerings include:
- Exercise and Fitness: Maintain or improve your fitness through classes, our annual getfit@mit fitness challenge, and more.
- Violence Prevention & Response: Get support and assistance in dealing with sexual violence or stalking, and participate in educational programs.
- Spouses&Partners: Programs to help MIT spouses and partners develop social and professional networks.
- Sleep: Learn relaxation techniques and other ways to improve your sleep schedule.
- Stress Reduction, Mindfulness, and Relaxation: Learn to manage stress though classes and workshops, audio files, and in-person consultations.
- Sexual Health: Information, supplies, and counseling about sex and sexuality.
- Quit Smoking: Our certified tobacco treatment specialist and clinicians can help you quit smoking for good.
- Health Coaching: Trained coaches can help you achieve greater physical and mental wellbeing through goal setting, accountability, and support.
- Eating Healthfully: Learn to make healthy eating choices, and recognize the warning signs for eating and body-image problems.
- Family Support: Resources for childcare while attending classes, working, or meeting other responsibilities.
- MedLinks: Trained student liaisons work with undergraduates and MIT Medical, supporting students’ health in living groups and in the MIT community.
- WellCheck: MIT employees can meet privately with a nurse who will provide them with a snapshot of their health.