Community Wellness Services
- Free contraception: A limited amount of safer sex supplies are available on the third floor of E23 outside the Community Wellness offices.
- Peer support: MedLinks volunteers can direct you to free condoms in your residence. Pleasure educators can help answer questions about specific types of condoms and about navigating sex and sexuality at MIT.
Have a question or concern? MIT Medical can help! We are committed to providing comprehensive, supportive, individualized healthcare and health information to individuals with diverse expressions of gender and sexuality.
All of our primary care providers are Board Certified in Primary Care and are knowledgeable on issues related to sexual health. Communicating with your primary care provider about your sexual health is an essential part of patient care. After all, sexual health is an important part of overall health.
- Checkups and other medical services, including the HPV vaccine and prescriptions for contraception, in Primary Care and Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- Confidential testing for sexually transmitted infections, including HIV. Your primary care provider (PCP) or gynecologist can test you for STIs. If you don’t already have a PCP or gynecologist at MIT Medical, request an appointment using our online form or by calling 617-258-9355. Testing is free for all registered students; results are available in approximately four days.
- Contraception counseling, prescriptions, and supplies
- Hormonal therapy options for transgender patients
- LGBTQ+ Health service
- Counseling and consultations with providers in Student Mental Health and Counseling Services (students only). Call 617-253-2916.