Contact your primary care provider or one of our clinicians about using nutrition to help manage diabetes, blood pressure, or other health conditions; losing or gaining weight; or managing an eating disorder.
Classes, workshops, and groups
- Making Peace with Food: This group helps to foster a healthy relationship with food, exercise, and body image. It provides education, support, and practical strategies to manage food and body stress. The group is open to MIT students who are struggling with an unhealthy relationship with food or weight, or who are thinking about food or weight so much that it distracts from their academic and social pursuits.
- Contact: 617-253-2916
- Nutrition and Fitness: A course offered for physical education credit by Community Wellness at MIT Medical through the Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation (DAPER). Topics include the components and benefits of a healthy diet and physical activity as well as tips on how to achieve personal goals and boost productivity.
- Contact: 617-253-4291
- Email: email@example.com
- Nutrition Coaching, MIT Recreation: Whether your goal is weight management, improved athletic performance, or managing a medical condition, MIT Recreation’s nutrition program can provide you with the tools you need to sustain a meal plan that fits your personal lifestyle.
- To register for nutrition coaching, login or create an account, then select “nutrition coaching” from the series sales menu.
- Community Wellness Group Health Coaching Classes: Community Wellness at MIT Medical offers group health-coaching classes. “Creating the Healthy Life You Want” is offered seven times a year. The class provides opportunities for reflection and help with breaking down your goals into realistic, incremental weekly experiments. Participation is limited, and each class member chooses the goals he or she wants to work on.
- For more information and/or to register, visit our Classes & Programs page.
- Student wellness consultations with Health Coach Zan Barry. MIT students may meet with a Community Wellness health coach for up to three sessions of health and wellness coaching.
- To request a student wellness consultation, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nutrition appointments with Registered Dietician Anna Jasonides. You will need a referral from a primary care provider (PCP) at MIT Medical. Copayment may apply.
Members of the MIT Traditional Health Plan and MIT Choice Plan are eligible for reimbursement of expenses related to participation in qualified weight-loss programs. Qualified programs consist of Weight Watchers meetings, Weight Watchers at Work, and hospital-based weight-loss programs. Get the details and download the reimbursement form here.