Call your PCP’s office directly to make an appointment. Or, if you have an active FollowMyHealth @ MITMedical account and have already had at least one visit with your PCP, you can request an appointment online.
Your first appointment
Welcome to Adult Primary Care at MIT Medical. Follow these steps for a seamless transition:
- Transfer your medical record: Just ask your previous healthcare provider to send your record to MIT Medical Records Service, 77 Massachusetts Avenue, E23-023, Cambridge, MA 02139.
- Fill out a medical history form: Download and print this form, also available in Chinese, Japanese, Russian, Spanish, and Korean, and fill it out at home. Bring it with you to your first appointment.
- Try to arrive 10–15 minutes early for your first appointment. This will give you time to fill out any additional forms, make sure your contact information is up to date, and sign up for FollowMyHealth @ MITMedical, our online patient portal. Once you’ve had a first appointment with your new primary care provider (PCP), you’ll be able to use FollowMyHealth to communicate with your PCP online and to request future appointments.
Routine checkups (or physical exams) will be with your primary care provider (PCP). If you don’t have a PCP, you’ll need to select one before making this kind of appointment.
And remember to plan ahead. If you are sick or hurt, we will see you right away, but routine checkups are usually scheduled weeks in advance.
If you are sick or injured (sick visit)
Call your PCP’s office or, after hours, call our 24-hour help line at 617-253-4481 to speak to a triage nurse. Describe your symptoms in detail, so we can give you advice about what to do next. We will make sure you see a provider promptly—often the same day—but the appointment will be with the first available provider, not necessarily with your PCP.
- Refills and renewals: You can request prescription refills by calling the MIT Pharmacy’s 24-hour prescription refill line at 617-253-0202 or by filling out a prescription request form at the MIT Pharmacy. If the prescription requires a renewal authorization from your provider, the pharmacy will contact the provider for you. You can also request prescription refills through MIT Medical's online patient portal, FollowMyHealth @ MITMedical.
- New patients: To transfer your existing prescriptions to the MIT Pharmacy, you need to choose a PCP, and then ask your new PCP to rewrite your prescriptions for the MIT pharmacy.
MIT Medical’s care management team can help with on-site care such as infusions, injections, and wound care. You can schedule an appointment with the care management team by dialing 617-253-7824 or by contacting your PCP’s office.
To make an appointment for a vaccination, call your PCP’s office directly and explain what you need. You’ll be scheduled for a short visit with a nurse.
Accessibility and translation services
We want our services to be accessible to every member of the community. Upon request, we can provide translation services for more than 140 languages, sign language interpreters, and assisted listening devices. Learn more.