- Choose a health plan. If you haven’t already selected a plan, that’s your first step. MIT offers three employee health plans: the MIT Traditional Health Plan, the MIT Choice Plan, and the MIT High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP). All three allow you to choose a primary care provider on campus.
- Choose a PCP. Choosing a primary care provider (PCP)—either a nurse practitioner or a physician—is the first step toward getting the care you need. Start by browsing available PCPs. If you want to get your care in Lexington, choose “Lexington” under “Location” and “Primary Care” under “Service” to find available PCPs for adults in Lexington. If you want more information about a particular PCP, just click on their name. That will open a page with more information and a button that says, “CHOOSE THIS PCP.”
- Transfer your medical records. Contact your previous provider or medical facility for instructions for transferring your medical record to MIT Medical.
- Sign up for HealthELife. With our online patient portal, you can request appointments and prescription refills, securely communicate with your healthcare providers, and more. Signing up is easy. Just stop by the front desk. We’ll ask you a few identifying questions and you’ll receive an email confirmation with instructions for activating your account online.
Your first visit
If you are seeing your PCP for the first time, you will need to fill out a medical history form. You can download the form in English, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, Spanish, or Korean. Print the form, fill it out at home, and bring it with you to your first appointment.
- If you’ve already chosen a PCP, just call their office directly, and explain what you need.
- If you don’t have a PCP yet, call 781-981-7080. Tell us as much as you can about why you are making the appointment. That way, we can schedule enough time for you with the right clinician.