- Personal counseling: Our pharmacists are always available to answer questions about any of your medications. Stop by or call, or ask to speak to a pharmacist when you’re at the pharmacy to pick up a prescription.
- Written information: Want to know more about a medication? Just ask. We can provide printed information about any medication we dispense.
- Scheduled consultations: Sometimes a quick conversation isn’t enough. That’s why we offer free, scheduled consultations to assist with complicated medication management issues or to help you learn to use a new medical device. We offer:
- Medication management services, including calendar charts: When you’re taking multiple medications, timing each dose can be complicated. Our medication management services can help you get organized, and a medical calendar chart can keep you on schedule.
- Counseling on asthma management and inhaler use: We can help you learn to use asthma management medications, including inhalers. We sell peak-flow meters and spacers, and provide instruction on their proper use.
- Instruction on glucometer use: If you’ve been prescribed a glucometer to help with diabetes management, we can help you learn how to use it.
- Emergency contraception is available over-the-counter, without a prescription, to women 17 years or older.
- Blood pressure cuff rental: A blood pressure cuff can be rented for $10 a month, and we’ll teach you how to use it.
Year-end prescription printouts, or printouts for any other time range, are available upon request for insurance or tax purposes. Medical privacy laws require a signed release form for each individual; so download and print the form, and make sure you have a signed form for each family member.
Requests and release forms can be submitted in person, by mail, or by fax (617-258-9360). Printouts can be returned by mail or picked up in person.
At the MIT Pharmacy, we’re committed to helping you understand how to use your medications and medical devices correctly, so you can get the maximum benefit they provide. That’s why patient education tops the list of our special services. Other special services include emergency contraception, blood pressure cuff rental, and end-of-the-year prescription printouts. Read on to learn more.