You can still get your flu shot
Our walk-in flu clinics are done for this year, but the vaccine is still available. If you haven’t yet gotten your shot this year, just call MIT Medical’s Flu Line at 617-253-4865 to make an appointment at MIT Medical.
Flu shots are available for patients of MIT Medical’s Pediatrics Service by appointment only.
Other places to get a flu vaccination
- A retail pharmacy (you may be charged a fee)
- Your own healthcare provider
- A clinic in your hometown
- Your local department of public health
- Adults aged 65 or older
- Smokers of any age
- People with chronic medical conditions, such as asthma, diabetes, heart disease, lung disease, and several others.
Another pneumococcal vaccine, Prevnar-13, is also recommended for persons over 65 and persons with certain immune system problems.
For more information, see "Pneumococcal Polysaccharide Vaccine: What You Need to Know" or "Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccine: What you need to know." To receive the pneumococcal vaccine, schedule an appointment with your primary care provider.