24-hour Help Line
You can call 617-253-4481 for guidance on what to do if you or a family member has an urgent medical problem. If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, such as fever, cough, fatigue, or shortness of breath, call MIT Medical’s COVID-19 hotline at 617-253-4865.
When you call, a triage specialist will help you in one of the following ways:
- Answer your questions, give you advice, and/or explain what you should do immediately at home
- Ask you to come to MIT Medical’s Urgent Care Service
- Direct you to the nearest emergency room or to one of our affiliated hospitals.
Urgent Care Service
MIT Medical’s Urgent Care Service is open from 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. M–F, and 10 a.m.– 4 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays for urgent, but non-life-threatening, emergencies. All patients must call first to be seen. Examples of urgent conditions include high fever, earaches, or sprains.
Eligibility and cost
All members of the MIT community are eligible to use the Urgent Care Service:
- Employees and family members covered by the MIT Traditional and MIT Choice Plans will have a $10 copay.
- MIT students and affiliates and their covered family members will have no copay or other charge.
- For benefits-eligible employees covered by outside insurance and for Medicare-eligible retirees, benefits are determined by individual coverage, and you may be billed for any copayment, coinsurance, or non-covered services. Patients covered by outside insurance must register and provide insurance information when using MIT Medical services for the first time.