If we need to see your child, we will try to schedule an appointment for the same day. Remember, you must call to make an appointment before you come in. When you come in with a sick child, please bring a list of your child’s medications, dosages, and times that you have administered the medications.
See also: Common Illnesses and Injuries
- Weekdays (8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.): Call 617-253-1505 (Cambridge) or 781-981-7080 (Lexington). Tell the secretary it is an emergency.
- Overnight, weekends, holidays: Call 617-253-4481 or 617-253-1505
- Poison Control Hotline (24 hours a day): 800-222-1222
One of our pediatric clinicians is always on call—24 hours a day, seven days a week. When you call us, we may give advice over the telephone, arrange an appointment in the Urgent Care Service at MIT Medical/Cambridge, or direct you to an appropriate hospital emergency room.
Before coming to Urgent Care: Always CALL FIRST (617-253-1311).
Common illnesses and injuries
Parents can treat or monitor many common children’s illnesses or injuries at home. See the links below, from the American Academy of Pediatrics’ parent website, healthychild.org. If you still have questions or concerns, call us in Cambridge (617-253-1505, weekdays) or Lexington (781-981-7080, weekdays) for advice or to make an appointment.
- Fever (See also: Tylenol and Motrin dosage chart)
- Sore throat
- Ear infection
- Conjunctivitis (“pink eye”)
- Diaper rash
- Insect bites and stings