We are pleased to announce that MIT Optical will reopen on Tuesday, September 22, in its new, permanent home on the first floor of MIT Medical (Building E23).
The service will be available on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8 a.m.–5 p.m. by appointment only.
Reopening during the COVID-19 pandemic means following new precautions and workflows to ensure that every patient has a safe experience when visiting MIT Optical:
- By appointment only. To make an appointment, dial 617-258-LENS or send an email to MITOptical@med.mit.edu.
- Masks required at all times for staff and patients.
- New check-in procedures. When you arrive at MIT Medical, we’ll take your temperature and ask a few health questions.
- Two customers at a time with social distancing. Please let us know if someone is coming to your appointment with you, so that we may schedule accordingly.
- Gloves are mandatory for handling any frames.
- Enhanced sanitization procedures:
- All frames are cleaned with a disinfectant solution.
- All equipment is disinfected between appointments.
- All surfaces are disinfected between appointments.
- Hand sanitizer is available on each dispensing table.
We’ve missed you over these past many months and look forward to welcoming you to our new home.
MIT Optical is a full-service optical store specializing in quality eyewear and frame repairs for the MIT community at a reasonable cost. We offer hundreds of eyeglass frames at heavily discounted prices, including major brands and designer frames from all over the world. We even have frames costing less than $100. We also offer a large selection of specialty eyewear for swimming, cycling, scuba diving, racquet sports, and other activities.
Contact lenses are available through MIT Medical’s Eye Service.