The staff at MIT Medical/Lexington takes a family-oriented approach to caring for patients. Since we see both adults and children in the same facility, our physicians and nurses bring their knowledge of family issues to the treatment of individual family members. In addition to adult primary care and pediatrics, MIT Medical/Lexington offers:
- Routine laboratory tests: Blood draws are done on site, weekdays, 8:30 a.m.–noon; call ahead to confirm phlebotomist availability. Laboratory analysis is performed at MIT Medical’s Laboratory in Cambridge.
- Travel medicine: MIT Medical/Lexington is a certified travel clinic, providing vaccinations, medications, and other travel-related care.
- Routine gynecological exams, including pap smears.
- Pharmacy services, with daily deliveries from the MIT Pharmacy.
- Lactation consults with a certified breastfeeding counselor.
- Minor outpatient surgical procedures, such as biopsies and wart and mole removal.
- Nutrition consultations with a registered dietician.
- Occupational medicine and care for work-related illness or injury.
- Urgent radiology services are available at Beth Israel Deaconess Healthcare in Lexington, a five-minute drive from Lincoln Laboratory.
- Appointments with MIT’s MyLife Services, which offers free, confidential counseling and referrals and is available to all Lincoln Laboratory employees.
In addition, all benefits-eligible Lincoln Laboratory employees may use MIT Medical’s Urgent Care Service in Cambridge, open from 8 a.m. until 8 p.m. every day, including weekends and holidays. (Note: Employees covered by outside insurance may still use MIT Medical’s Urgent Care Service, but you may be billed by your insurer for any copayment, coinsurance, or non-covered services.)