Get the care you need, when you need it, by choosing one of MIT’s high-quality health plans. Designed to work seamlessly with our extensive medical services in Cambridge and Lexington, and our healthcare referral network in greater Boston, these plans offer convenience and peace-of-mind in a cost-effective package. Choose from the following options:
- The MIT Student Medical Plan, included with tuition, provides students with access to most services at MIT Medical at no additional charge.
- The MIT Student Extended Insurance Plan provides further coverage, including prescriptions, off-campus specialty care, and hospitalization.
- The MIT Affiliate Medical Plan allows you to use most services at MIT Medical at no additional charge.
- The MIT Affiliate Extended Insurance Plan provides further coverage, including prescriptions, off-campus specialty care, and hospitalization.
- With the MIT Traditional Health Plan, you and all your covered family members will choose PCPs at MIT Medical in Cambridge or at Lincoln Laboratory in Lexington.
- The MIT Choice Plan offers flexibility when MIT Medical is not convenient for all family members. With the MIT Choice Plan, you can still have the convenience, lower copays, and quality of care that come with having a primary care provider (PCP) at MIT Medical; however, one or more of your family members can choose PCPs from the multistate HMO Blue New England network, or use out-of-network providers subject to deductible and coinsurance.