MIT Medical's Dermatology Service will close on Tuesday, March 17.
Please contact your provider via HealthELife if you have any questions. Future telemedicine visits are planned. Other concerns may be handled by primary care.
Our Dermatology Service treats symptomatic acute and chronic skin conditions by referral only. Our services include:
- Diagnosis and management of suspicious skin lesions and non-urgent skin problems
- Care for chronic skin conditions
- Biopsies of skin lesions under local anesthetic
- Treatment of skin lesions using cryotherapy, electrocautery, curettage, incision and drainage, excision, and extraction
- Ultraviolet phototherapy
- Referral to outside dermatology services.
We provide only medically necessary care for skin conditions that cannot be evaluated and treated by your primary care provider. We do not perform cosmetic or elective dermatology consults and procedures, and we do not treat patients with hair loss (except for hair loss due to alopecia areata).