- Routine and preventive care
- Mental health and counseling services
- Medication management—Psychopharmacology
- Diagnostic X-rays, lab tests, and other tests
- Allergy testing
- Routine immunizations (not including Gardasil and meningococcal B vaccines or vaccines required for admission)
- Routine gynecological exams
- Intrauterine contraceptive devices (IUD) and implantable birth control (Nexplanon)
Because some states have laws restricting the provision of telehealth services across state lines, MIT Medical’s telehealth services are available only to patients who are physically located in Massachusetts at the time of the appointment.
Some services at MIT Medical are covered only for students who are enrolled in the MIT Student Extended Insurance Plan. This includes routine eye exams, allergy serums, meningococcal B and Gardasil immunizations, and prenatal and maternity care. Prescription medications, and all prescription contraceptives, are covered under the Student Extended Insurance Plan. If you waive the Extended Plan, you may receive these services at MIT Medical, and we will bill your insurance company, but you will be responsible for any non-covered charges.
Care outside MIT Medical is covered by the MIT Student Extended Insurance Plan or your other comprehensive insurance plan (for example, your parent’s or spouse’s insurance). For more information about getting care outside MIT Medical, see “Using your health insurance.”