Welcome to MIT Medical/Cambridge. Here’s what you need to do to get started.
- Choose a health plan. If you haven’t already selected a plan, that’s your first step. MIT offers three employee health plans: the MIT Traditional Health Plan, MIT Choice Plan, and the MIT High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP). All three allow you to choose a primary care provider on campus.
- Choose a PCP. Choosing a primary care provider (PCP)—either a nurse practitioner or a physician—is the first step toward getting the care you need. Start by browsing available PCPs. Use the drop-down menus to filter your choices; for example, choose “Cambridge” under “Location” and “Primary Care” under “Service” to find PCPs for adults on campus. If you want more information about a particular PCP, just click on their name. That will open a page with more information about how to select your PCP.
- Transfer your medical records. Contact your previous provider or medical facility for instructions for transferring your medical record to MIT Medical.
- Sign up for HealthELife. With our online patient portal, you can request appointments and prescription refills, securely communicate with your healthcare providers, and more.
Your first visit
If you are seeing your PCP for the first time, you will need to fill out a medical history form. You can download the form in English, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, Spanish, or Korean. Print the form, fill it out at home, and bring it with you to your first appointment.
- If you’ve already chosen a PCP, just call their office directly, and explain what you need.
- If you don’t have a PCP yet, call 617-253-4481. Tell us as much as you can about why you are making the appointment. That way, we can schedule enough time for you with the right clinician.