- Call our 24-hour help line at 617-253-4481, and speak to a triage nurse. Describe your symptoms in detail, so the nurse can give you advice about what to do next. The nurse may schedule a same-day appointment, recommend that you come into Urgent Care, or give you some suggestions for taking care of yourself without coming in.
- Same-day appointments: We have same-day appointments for people who are sick or hurt. Call your primary care provider (PCP) or 617-253-4481, and describe your symptoms to a triage nurse. If you need to be seen immediately, the nurse will schedule a same-day appointment with a clinician who has an opening (not necessarily your PCP).
- Urgent Care Service: MIT Medical’s Urgent Care Service is on the first floor of E23. Hours are from 8 a.m.–8 p.m., M–F and 10 a.m.– 4 p.m., Saturdays and Sundays. To make an appointment with Urgent Care, call 617-253-1311.
- Pharmacy: The MIT Pharmacy serves the entire Institute community. If you are on the Student Extended Insurance Plan, you’ll have the lowest prescription copays at the MIT Pharmacy. And all members of the MIT community can purchase over-the counter medicines, often at much lower prices than retail stores. Learn more.
- If you need a sick note to be excused from a class or to be given an extension to complete academic work, contact Student Support Services at 617-253-4861.
MIT Medical does not provide notes or excuses for classes, academic work, or exams impacted by medical issues. If we are contacted by Student Support Services, MIT Medical can confirm that your medical excuse is legitimate. However, we will not share any specific medical information without your permission. Student Support Services can help you communicate with your professors, instructors, TAs, or academic departments.