How to choose or change your PCP
- Go to MIT Medical’s PCP choice page. You will see all the MIT Medical PCPs who are accepting new patients.
- Narrow down your choices. Use the SERVICE, LOCATIONS, GENDER, LANGUAGE, and AGES SERVED pull-downs at the top of the page to find the right PCP for you.
- Service: To find a PCP for yourself or your child, choose “Primary Care.”
- Locations: To get your care on campus, choose “Cambridge.”
- Gender: Use this pull-down menu to show the gender of your PCP. If you don’t care about the gender of your PCP, leave it as “All genders.”
- Languages: Some PCPs at MIT Medical speak other languages besides English.
- Ages Served: Choose the appropriate age group for yourself or your child.
- Look at your results. Once you have used the pull-down menus to find PCPs who may be right for you, take a closer look. If you want even more information about a particular PCP, just click on their name. That will open a page with more information and a button that says, “CHOOSE THIS PCP.” If you want to go back to the page with your choices, just use your browser’s back button.
- Make your PCP choice. When you find the PCP you want, just click the “CHOOSE THIS PCP” button on their page. That will take you to a form where you must fill in your name, email address, and date of birth. Then just click on the “SUBMIT” BUTTON. You will get an email to let you know that we received your PCP choice form.
Don’t worry that you will choose the wrong PCP. Sometimes new patients choose a doctor or nurse practitioner as a PCP, go to their first appointment, and then feel that this is not the right PCP for them. That’s okay. You can just start over and choose a different PCP.