Services at MIT Medical
Available services at MIT Medical include:
- Routine physical exams
- Routine eye exams
- Routine immunizations
- Adult primary care
- Medical specialty services
- Travel health services
- Walk-in urgent care, 7 a.m.–11 p.m., seven days a week, 365 days a year
- Women’s healthcare services, including gynecological exams, mammograms, and maternity care
- Outpatient psychotherapy evaluation and short-term treatment
- Vision, hearing, and other screening tests
- Laboratory and X-ray services
- 24-hour help line for medical advice (617-254-4481)
- Pharmacy for prescriptions and over-the-counter health products
Outside Specialists and Therapies
When you need outpatient services outside of MIT Medical—anything from physical therapy to orthopedic surgery—your PCP will give you a referral, and you’ll pay the same low $10 copay to the outside provider.
- If you’re covered by the MIT Traditional Health Plan, you’ll be referred to a Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts (BCBSMA) HMO Blue network provider.
- If you have the MIT Choice Plan, you may be referred to a provider in the HMO Blue New England network, which covers all the New England states (Connecticut, Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont).
Also Covered Under Both Plans
- Inpatient care at participating hospitals or substance abuse treatment facilities
- Mental health and substance-abuse treatment
- Cancer treatment
- Prescription drugs
- Out-of-area urgent and emergency care services
Your MIT Medical PCP can coordinate your care with specialists and hospitals in the local area, and MIT Medical’s Community Care Center coordinates post-hospitalization and home care.
For more information…
- MIT Traditional Health Plan: Summary of Benefits (PDF) provides a concise introduction to using the Traditional Plan as well as information about benefits and out-of-pocket costs.
- MIT Choice (Blue Choice New England Plan 2): Summary of Benefits (PDF) provides a concise introduction to using the Choice Plan as well as information about benefits and out-of-pocket costs.
- The 16-page MIT Traditional Plan Member Handbook (PDF) has more details about how to get care at MIT Medical and elsewhere. Information about accessing care at MIT Medical is also applicable to members of the MIT Choice Plan who have PCPs at MIT Medical.
Additional information about both plans can be found in Forms & Documents.