Furthermore, you’ll have no out-of-pocket cost for preventive services like routine physicals. With the MIT Traditional and Choice plans, most other visits will have a $10 copay. With the MIT High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP), you will pay the allowed amount for each non-preventive-care visit until you meet your annual deductible. Once you’ve met your deductible, you will have no out-of-pocket cost for visits at MIT Medical.
When you need more specialized care or diagnostic tests, your MIT Medical PCP will refer you to outside specialists and facilities within your health plan’s provider network:
- MIT Traditional Health Plan: Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts (BCBSMA) HMO Blue
- MIT Choice Plan: HMO Blue New England network (includes providers in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont).
- MIT HDHP: PPO Blue Cross Blue Shield nationwide provider network
Services at MIT Medical
Service for employees at MIT Medical include:
- Routine physical exams
- Routine eye exams
- Routine immunizations
- Primary care
- Medical specialty services such as allergy, dermatology
- Travel health services
- Urgent care, 8 a.m.–8 p.m., M–F and 10 a.m.– 4 p.m., Saturdays and Sundays (holiday hours may vary). All patients must call first to be seen. 617-253-1311
- Women’s healthcare services, including gynecological exams, mammograms, and maternity care
- Vision, hearing, and other screening tests
- Laboratory and X-ray services
- 24-hour help line for medical advice (617-253-4481)
- Pharmacy for prescriptions and over-the-counter health products
For more information…
- MIT Traditional Health Plan: Summary of Benefits (PDF) provides a concise introduction to using the Traditional Plan as well as information about benefits and out-of-pocket costs.
- MIT Choice (Blue Choice New England Plan 2): Summary of Benefits (PDF) provides a concise introduction to using the Choice Plan as well as information about benefits and out-of-pocket costs.
- MIT HDHP Summary of Benefits provides information about benefits and out-of-pocket costs.