Furthermore, you’ll have no out-of-pocket cost for preventive services like routine physicals. With the MIT Traditional and Choice plans, most other visits will have a $10 copay. With the MIT High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP), you will pay the allowed amount for each non-preventive-care visit until you meet your annual deductible. Once you’ve met your deductible, you will have no out-of-pocket cost for visits at MIT Medical.
When you need more specialized care or diagnostic tests, your MIT Medical PCP will refer you to outside specialists and facilities within your health plan’s provider network:
- MIT Traditional Health Plan: Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts (BCBSMA) HMO Blue
- MIT Choice Plan: HMO Blue New England network (includes providers in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont).
- MIT HDHP: PPO Blue Cross Blue Shield nationwide provider network
Services at MIT Medical
Service for employees at MIT Medical include:
- Routine physical exams
- Routine eye exams
- Routine immunizations
- Primary care
- Medical specialty services such as allergy, dermatology
- Travel health services
- Walk-in urgent care, 8 a.m.–8 p.m., seven days a week, 365 days a year (holiday hours may vary)
- Women’s healthcare services, including gynecological exams, mammograms, and maternity care
- Vision, hearing, and other screening tests
- Laboratory and X-ray services
- 24-hour help line for medical advice (617-254-4481)
- Pharmacy for prescriptions and over-the-counter health products
Outside specialists and therapies
When you need outpatient services outside of MIT Medical—anything from physical therapy to orthopedic surgery—your PCP will give you a referral. With the MIT Traditional or Choice Plans, you’ll have the same low $10 copay as you have at MIT Medical as long as your PCP is at MIT Medical. With the MIT HDHP, you’ll pay 10 percent coinsurance for in-network services you receive outside of MIT Medical after you have met your annual deductible.
Also covered under all employee plans
- Inpatient care at participating hospitals or substance-abuse treatment facilities
- Mental health and substance-abuse treatment
- Cancer treatment
- Prescription drugs
- Out-of-area urgent- and emergency-care services
Your MIT Medical PCP can coordinate your care with specialists and hospitals in the local area, and MIT Medical’s Community Care Center coordinates post-hospitalization and home care.
For more information…
- MIT Traditional Health Plan: Summary of Benefits (PDF) provides a concise introduction to using the Traditional Plan as well as information about benefits and out-of-pocket costs.
- MIT Choice (Blue Choice New England Plan 2): Summary of Benefits (PDF) provides a concise introduction to using the Choice Plan as well as information about benefits and out-of-pocket costs.
- MIT HDHP Summary of Benefits provides information about benefits and out-of-pocket costs.
Additional information about both plans can be found in Employee Forms & Documents.