Reports To: Clinical Operations Supervisor
*This is an on-site position
By exhibiting excellent customer service, the Patient Services Representative, is responsible for patient flow and appointment scheduling. This highly visible position has extensive patient and community contact, both in person and by telephone. This position will be the welcoming face to Community Wellness by creating a warm and helpful environment for all community members. Working with a diverse team, the Patient Service Representative will support the Acupuncture service, wellness programs, and initiatives, particularly in the areas of health promotion.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Greets and directs patients, families, visitors and connecting them to the requested resource
- Responsible for managing the front desk (acupuncture and scheduling, check in, collecting co-pays, obtaining accurate insurance eligibility information, etc.)
- Collaborates by effectively communicating with referral providers and practices to facilitate management of complex patient issues.
- Provides positive and effective customer service that supports departmental operations.
- Communicate with staff and providers to help provide the best care and experience to patients and community members
- Manages both inbound and outbound phone calls, emails, and/or other standard patient inquires (e.g., on Powerchart) by answering, screening, and routing inquiry as dictated by service area workflows.
- Maintains computerized patient appointment schedule (e.g., CPM, Powerchart)
- Maintain an updated wait list for Acupuncture
- Monitors daily schedule and patient flow to optimize resource utilization and patient experience. Communicate opportunities to re-route or re-schedule patients as openings occur or to adjust schedules that have fallen behind. Collecting and organizing medical records, information, materials and supplies required for encounters.
- Provides support and information to clinicians and team members to problem solve and manage complex administrative issues
- Collect, sorts, and processes all incoming and outgoing mail.
- Assists with responds to information inquiries, patient requests, and medical record copies as requested.
- Maintains office and clinic supplies and stock and communicates all stocking needs to office practice supervisor.
- Coordinate and manage BLS (Basic Life Support) class for MIT Medical staff
- Manage CW Outlook email inbox
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required
- Minimum two years of previous experience such as customer service or administrative role required. Prior experience in a health care setting a plus
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Effective telephone manner and ability to communicate with patients, clinicians, and other professional staff in pleasant, calming, and diplomatic manner
- Strong organizational and follow through skills.
- Must possess a high level of attention to details, organizational, administrative and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work with diverse internal and external constituencies.