Reports To: Director of Human Resources
The Manager, Human Resources is responsible for implementation of key operational processes related to talent acquisition and retention, leadership development programs, employee and manager coaching and development and analyzing data trends. The Manager, Human Resources takes a leadership role effectively communicating, mentoring and coaching employees and managers to ensure growth and development.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the talent acquisition and retention of all types of employment at Medical, including hiring, onboarding, retention and offboarding of employees
- Partner with the Director to deliver HR strategies (talent acquisition and retention, training and development and employee relations) that supports the needs of MIT Medical.
- Provides expertise, advice and counsel to peers regarding MIT’s policies and practices but also developing and implementing industry best practices for medical.
- Serve as the HR subject matter experience for resolving issues and educating the workforce on alternatives and choices. Makes recommendations/alternative solutions for highly complex HR/leadership related issue.
- Establishes and leads project timelines or short-term goals.
- Actively participates in local, state, and national professional associations.
- Develop quality, productive relationships with all stakeholders and provide input on strategy and creative problem-solving by forging trust-based relationships with all individuals.
- Primary person serving as point person of contact with policy and process questions as well as appropriate HR policy interpretation. Acts as advisor to managers to determine how to operationalize HR policies as well as decide when to apply on an individual basis.
- Manage, lead and effectively communicate HR programs to all levels that require cross-functional representation, impact to policy, or has other high visibility to MIT Medical and / or the Institute.
- Oversee HR’s monthly management cohort meetings. Establish and implement monthly agenda items, including but not limited to both developing and delivering each month’s topic, identify internal/external resources as needed.
- Improve HR processes in support of the business to drive greater efficiency and effectiveness
- Build credibility and trust by providing a solid and visible HR presence with leadership, managers, and employees. Take a hands-on approach to all things HR related initiatives while successfully monitoring the “pulse” of the employees to ensure a high level of employee engagement
- Promote high professional standards, and positive interpersonal relationships and consistently demonstrate a commitment to exceptional employee support.
- All other duties as assigned.
Minimum Required Education and Experience:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred with years of relevant experience considered
- Years of experience: Minimum of 5 years of human resources
- Ability to multitask, manage multiple and simultaneous priorities, and prioritize a heavy workload in a fast paced, dynamic environment is required.
- Proven organizational skills and experience leading small-scale projects.
- Proactive approach towards improving processes and systems.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, strong negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to identify and handle priority and/or sensitive issues with discretion and a commitment to confidentiality.