Completing & Submitting the Form
All incoming students must complete the Student Medical Report Form, regardless of age or insurance status. This includes undergraduate students, graduate students, transfer students, and readmitted students, including military personnel, regardless of age. It also includes special students, visiting students, and exchange students.
Yes. We need to make sure you are still up to date on necessary vaccines and tests. In addition, it’s possible that prematriculation requirements have changed since you submitted the form last time. For example, the Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis) vaccine is a relatively new requirement. Previously, we required only the Td (tetanus, diphtheria) vaccine.
But it might be easier to get your hands on your immunization record this time around. Since you were an MIT undergraduate, it’s part of the medical record we have for you. You can request it, and any other medical records you might need, from our Medical Records Service.
Yes. All entering students must complete the Student Medical Report Form, no matter which health insurance they have.
You must have the information on the Student Medical Report Form and all the required documents translated into English.
There are several ways you can return the form:
- Fax: You may fax the form to 617-253-4121. Keep the original for your records. If the fax line is busy, please keep trying.
- Mail: You may mail the form to MIT Medical – Health Screening, Room E23-177 77 Massachusetts Ave., Cambridge, MA 02139-4307
- In person: If you are on campus before the deadline, you can drop off the form at the Health Screening Office on the first floor of MIT Medical (25 Carleton Street/Building E23).
- Email: Using a program that encrypts your personal health information is the safest way to transmit your form by email. Follow the steps below to send your form securely:
- Go to MIT Medical’s Secure Email Message Center
- If you already have a Zix Secure Email account, enter your email address and password to sign in. If you haven’t used Zix before, click on the “Register” button and follow the instructions to create and activate your account.
- Once you’re signed in, select compose and enter firstname.lastname@example.org in the address field.
- Click on “attach file,” and follow the instructions to attach your medical report form.
- Click on “send” to transmit your form securely to MIT Medical.
No. These are “prematriculation requirements.” That means they must be completed before you enter school at MIT. Your pre-entry physical examination, immunizations, or tests are not covered by the MIT Student Medical Plan or the MIT Student Extended Insurance Plan.