What benefits does MIT SHIP provide?
MIT SHIP coverage includes:
- Routine and specialty care outside of MIT Medical
- Telehealth visits (within the US only)
- Up to 52 off-campus mental health visits per year with no out-of-pocket cost
- Diagnostic tests, physical therapy, and surgery
- Hospitalizations, medically necessary ER visits, and more.
How much does MIT SHIP cost?
You can find current rates on the Rates & Documents page.
Does MIT SHIP still cover me after I graduate?
Your coverage ends on the last day of the coverage period associated with your graduation date. So, for example, if you graduate in the spring, you will be covered until August 31 of that year, which is the end of that coverage period. If you graduate earlier in the year, your coverage will end at the end of the term during which you graduate.