MIT Medical resources:
- Violence Prevention & Response (VPR) at MIT Medical
- Call our hotline at 617-253-2300 (24 hours a day) to reach a VPR advocate. We can help you think about your options and decide what to do next.
- Urgent Care at MIT Medical
- Call 617-253-4481 (24 hours a day) if you have been physically injured or are experiencing an urgent mental health problem. A clinician may direct you to go straight to a hospital or come into MIT Medical’s Urgent Care Service (open from 7 a.m.–11 p.m. every day of the year).
- Mental Health and Counseling Service at MIT Medical
- 617-253-2916 (Days, 8:30 a.m.– 5 p.m.)
- 617-253-4481 (Evenings and overnight, 5 p.m.– 8:30 a.m.)
Other on-campus resources:
- MIT Police
- Dial 100 from any campus phone, or 617-253-1212 from a cell phone or off-campus phone (24 hours a day).
- Title IX Compliance
- Find the on-campus procedures for handling interpersonal violence cases.
Off-campus sexual assault/rape-related services:
- Boston Area Rape Crisis Center
- Call the 24-hour hotline at 800-841-8371.
- The Rape, Abuse, and Incest National Network
- Reach out through two 24-hour hotlines:
- Phone: 800-656-HOPE (4673)
- Online: http://apps.rainn.org/ohl-bridge/
Off-campus intimate partner violence-related services:
- Transition House
- Call 617-661-7203 for emergency shelter and transitional and supported housing.
- Casa Myrna Vazquez
- Dial 617-521-0100 for this multicultural organization offering a variety of services to individuals affected by domestic violence.
- Contact the Massachusetts statewide 24-hour toll-free domestic violence hotline at 877-785-2020.
Off-campus LGBTQ-specific services:
- The Network/La Red hotline
- Dial 617-742-4911; 617-227-4911, TTY Monday through Friday, 9 a.m.–midnight; Saturday, 1 p.m.–6 p.m.; Sunday, 1 p.m.–midnight for emotional support, information, and safety planning for lesbians, bisexual women, and transgender individuals who are being abused or have been abused by a partner.
- The Gay Men’s Domestic Violence Project
- Call this 24-hour hotline at 800-832-1901 for education, advocacy, and direct services for victims and survivors.
Rape and sexual assault:
- National statistics
- More statistics
- College statistics [PDF]
- Who are the victims?
- How often does sexual assault occur?
- Male survivors [PDF]