The VPR hotline is currently available M-F, 9 a.m.–5 p.m. at 617-253-2300. After hours, please call the Boston Area Rape Crisis 24-hour hotline at 800-841-8371. For non-urgent matters, VPR is available by email.
Violence Prevention and Response is MIT’s primary, on-campus resource for preventing and responding to interpersonal violence, including sexual assault, dating and domestic violence, stalking, and sexual harassment. Our prevention specialists work with the entire campus to educate and raise awareness. Our advocates are available 24 hours a day to support survivors in deciding what to do next.
What we do:
Violence Prevention & Response at MIT Medical helps members of the MIT community prevent and respond to:
- Rape and sexual assault
- Sexual harassment
- Dating and domestic violence
- Unhealthy relationships
When we can help:
- If you’re dealing with something that happened on campus or off campus.
- If you’re dealing with something that happened before you came to MIT or during your time here.
- Whether you’re seeking support for yourself or need help providing support for a friend.
How we can help:
- Think about your options.
- Find emotional support.
- Obtain medical and legal assistance.
- Access counseling services on or off campus.
- Navigate campus procedures, including housing, academic help, and the campus judicial process.
- Appointments and questions: 617-258-6944 (M–F, 9 a.m.–5 p.m.)
- Hotline: 617-253-2300
All our services are free and confidential.