MIT Affiliates: Have you lost your insurance because of the COVID-19 emergency?
Many MIT Affiliates have had their private insurance plans canceled because of the COVID-19 emergency. Has this happened to you? As long as you can show us that your other insurance has been canceled, you and your family members can quickly and easily enroll in the MIT Affiliate Extended Insurance Plan now.
Here’s what to do:
- Make sure you are eligible for this coverage.
- Fill out and save this enrollment form [PDF].
- Fill out your own information in the “Personal Information” section.
- Start your “Period of Coverage” with the date your other insurance was canceled if within the last 30 days; otherwise, use today’s date.
- Choose “MIT Affiliate Medical Plan + Extended Insurance Plan,” and check the box for “quarterly payments.”
- If you are enrolling family members, fill out the “Family Information” section. You will need to show us proof of your family relationships: Scan or take a digital photo of your marriage certificate if you are enrolling a spouse and/or a birth certificate for each child. If you are enrolling a partner/spousal equivalent, fill out and save this signed affidavit [PDF].
- Email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Enrollment form.
- Proof that your other insurance was canceled. If you got a letter from your insurance company in the mail, scan it or take digital photo. If you got an email from your insurance company, forward it.
- Documents proving your family relationships if you are enrolling family members.
Wait for an email from us, and pay online. After we accept your enrollment, you will get an email with more information. The email will include an invoice that you can pay online.
Questions? Email email@example.com.